2024 Summer Analyst
TXV Partners is a minority-led thematic investment firm focusing on Human Performance companies that partners with founders across multiple asset classes. We define the Human Performance ecosystem as the nexus of emerging technology, health, and sports.
The TXV undergraduate internship program spans a duration of 10 weeks (option for in-person or remote) and is strategically designed to facilitate your professional and personal development. You will have exposure to all sides of our fund: fundraising, deal sourcing, due diligence & IC, and back-office operations.
Beyond honing your skills as a finance professional, our goal is to foster your growth as a valued team member, a dedicated student at your respective university, and an individual with a clear vision for your future. By joining our firm for the summer, dedicated to shaping the future and committed to enhancing the human performance space, you will play an integral role in our mission by thoughtfully investing in businesses that drive progress.
The motivating idea behind the Summer Analyst role is that you will gain exposure to the main components of what it is like to work at a venture firm - sourcing deals, doing due diligence, and helping portfolio companies. See below for key responsibilities.
Key Intern Responsibilities:
- Deal sourcing
- Firm-related research
- Reporting and CRM work
- Due diligence support
- Portfolio company support
- Capstone project at end of the summer
Work Hours & Expectations
TXV Summer Analysts are expected to work 8 AM - 5 PM Monday through Friday. Our team is small and therefore each individual touches every aspect of the firm. With that in mind, each intern will be paired with a TXV mentor throughout the summer for regular tasks, check-ins, and mentoring.
We pride our summer program on being filled with unparalleled exposure - the opportunity to connect with TXV founders, investors, and impactful people in our network. Throughout the summer we help facilitate networking opportunities, team and intern socials, as well as opportunities to learn from our Managing Partners.
Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- In 3rd or 4th year of college undergraduate program with strong academic performance.
- Analytical skills with the ability to conduct market research and assess investment opportunities.
- Research abilities to identify and evaluate potential investment targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Initiative and drive. Willingness to take on responsibilities and contribute to the overall success of the team with a proactive attitude.
- Financial Acumen. Understanding of financial markets, investment strategies, and economic trends is preferred.
- Comfortable using (or ability to quickly learn) Excel, and financial modeling software.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and startups with an understanding of the startup ecosystem and the venture capital industry.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Prior internship experience in finance, investment banking, or a related field is a plus.
Interested in working with our firm this summer 2024? Please submit your application here and we will be in touch.
*Cover letter required. Please provide along with resume.