Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. We've helped over a million people understand and improve their health by providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles.
Empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Senior Accountant to join our global finance team. The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in the day-to-day financial operations of our organization, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency in financial reporting and management. This role will manage Oura's equity, property, plant & equipment, intangibles, direct/ indirect tax reconciliations, account receivable and report to the Accounting Manager.
This position offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing environment, where your expertise in accounting and financial analysis will make a significant impact.
The ideal candidate is data-driven, process oriented, and able to work in a fast-moving environment. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual not afraid of routine tasks.
This will be an individual contributor position.
What you'll do:
- Stock-Based Compensation: Manage and account for stock-based compensation programs, including stock options and restricted stock units (RSUs). Calculate and record stock-based compensation expenses in accordance with accounting standards (e.g., ASC 718).
- Equity Accounting: Perform reconciliations and journal entries related to equity accounts and transactions. Ensure that equity-related accounts are accurate and up to date.
- Equity Transactions: Support the Accounting Manager to administer and oversee all aspects of equity transactions, including the issuance, repurchase, and transfer of company stock or other equity instruments.
- Equity Plan Administration: Reconcile Board minutes to inputs in stock plan portal i.e. including tracking and granting equity awards, managing vesting schedules, and ensuring accurate records of equity holders.
- Accounts Receivable: Manage customer balances: Own customer balances (AR, gift card liability balances, customer deposits, unapplied payments) (create reconciliations, review aging report, DSOs, work with Customer Success Managers to collect overdue receivables, produce monthly reporting with expected collection dates, identify customer balances to be written off).
- Property, Plant & Equipment and Intangibles: Own Fixed Asset Module (FAM) for month end close (Collaborate with other department on asset purchase status, review each expenditure to ensure appropriate accounting under US GAAP and per Oura FA policy, perform asset generation, activation and depreciation in FAM, review intangibles expenses, review each expenditure to ensure appropriate accounting under US GAAP and per Oura policy, and perform amortization in asset module).
- Direct and Indirect Taxes: Tax records and account reconciliation: Collaborate with the Tax Director for maintaining detailed and organized tax reconciliations, supporting documentation, and tax-related workpapers for future reference, compliance, and audits. Assist Tax director in preparation of some informational annual tax returns
- Assist with month-end closing and year-end audit processes.
- Develop and maintain AR, Fixed Assets and Intangibles policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide support and assistance to other accounting and finance functions as needed.
The role will be remote and based in the US. Eastern time zone strongly preferred; open to candidates in other continental US time zones.