Business Intelligence Data Engineer
Ōura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Ōura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we’ve helped over one million people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
For us, empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we work to promote work-life balance and ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our IT Business Intelligence (BI) team in North America.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and optimize data warehouse models, transformations (ETL) and pipelines, working in collaboration with analysts and stakeholders across Oura.
- Drive standardization, conformity, quality and protection of data across Oura as a passionate advocate of data management and governance principles.
- Extract data from internal systems, 3rd party platforms and external vendors to facilitate integration with Oura’s data warehouse
- Collaborate on requirements definition, design and creation of key data warehouse assets to enable self-service analytics within teams across the organization
- Write advanced, complex SQL queries to help build robust data models and improve Oura’s data architecture
- Assist analysts in troubleshooting SQL queries for performance optimization and simplification.
We would love to have you on our team if you have any of the following, but don’t worry too much if you don’t meet all the requirements:
- 5+ years experience in data engineering and data warehouse/lake design, with specific experience working in Snowflake, dbt, AWS, Terraform and FiveTran or equivalents.
- Experience in managing relationships with stakeholders, gathering requirements and balancing tactical and strategic aspects of evolving a healthy data warehouse.
- Deep understanding of ETL and data modeling concepts and patterns. Proficiency with SQL, Python, Spark and TypeScript are a plus.
- Experience working with AWS services including S3 and Sagemaker, and integrating them with Snowflake.
- Experience with DataOps/DevSecOps principles and practices (e.g. Github Actions, Terraform Cloud, CDK)
- 2+ years of experience working with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Online environments. A bonus if you have experience working with Snowflake alongside Tableau.
- Familiarity with architectural patterns and best practices, especially those associated with BI solutions.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable, and highly collaborative work environment spread across the globe
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in computer science, physics, math, or a related field
At Oura, we care about you and your well-being.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, vision insurance, and mental health resources
- An Oura Ring of your own + employee discounts for friends & family
- Fertility benefits through Carrot Pro
- Flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- $25 DoorDash credit every Friday for lunch
- 20 days of PTO + 13 paid holidays + 8 days of flexible wellness time off
- 5 days paid sick leave, five days bereavement leave, 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
This is a remote position. Eastern time zone preferred but open to all USA, Mountain, Central and Pacific time zones.
Oura takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. US locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. While most offers will be closer to the starting range, successful candidates’ pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, internal peer equity, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Region 1: $160,000 - $165,000
Region 2: $152,000 - $156,000
Region 3: $144,000 - $148,000
A recruiter will be able to determine your zones/tiers based on your US location.
Oura is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.