Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
As a Designer at Open, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the visual identity of our mindfulness studio both online and in person. Thoughtful product and experiential design is at the heart Open. Your work will enable the brand and product to reach new heights while contributing directly to opening the doors of breathwork, meditation, and movement to many.
LOCATION: Venice, CA (Hybrid)
Be present, together.
Our mission is three simple words. Open is a modern studio designing a new way to practice wellbeing, both through our app and in-person studio. We combine our hybrid methodology with a social and engaging platform to make mindfulness achievable for all. We engage the senses with music, sound, breath, and movement to create inspiring and meaningful shared experiences. Design-oriented and inspired by art, we envision a world where everyone, everywhere, Opens every day.
Based in Venice, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from many backgrounds. We look for people with a strong sense of exceptional products, a keen eye for detail, and an aptitude for innovation. Most importantly, we’re excited to hire people who are enthusiastic about working with a dynamic team to build the future of wellness.
We're currently focused on scaling our app, launching new physical studios and continuing to be an industry trailblazer.
Open is VC-backed. Supporters include Founders Fund (Keith Rabois), Susa, LVMH (Miyuki Matsumoto), Coatue (Arielle Zuckerberg), Slow, SV Angel, Maveron, Jack Dorsey, Adrian Aoun, Ben Rubin (Houseparty), and more.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create visually engaging, intuitive product designs for all surfaces of our online platforms, including our iOS app and website.
- Collaborate with the product team to create beautiful interfaces, ensuring a cohesive user experience.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop promotional materials that resonate with our audience and integrate well with our content-driven campaigns.
- Stay abreast of design trends in the wellness and mindfulness industry to ensure our brand remains ahead of the curve, contemporary, and relevant.
- Contribute to the design of serene, warm, inviting spaces for our in-person studios, ensuring they align with our mission of providing a sensory awakening experience.
WHAT YOU (IDEALLY) BRING
- A strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in product design (4+ years).
- Proficiency with design software (e.g., Figma).
- Experience in designing for wellness, health, or similar industries.
- An understanding of how design influences user experience and a knack for creating intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, startup environment.
- A passion for wellness, mindfulness, and a personal understanding of breathwork, meditation, and movement practices.